Кyiv, 30 November – best CSR cases awarding 2010 took place in the framework of the National CSR Case Contest. The Contest has been conducted consecutively for the second year by the CSR Centre (Ukraine) under support of the companies: Ernst & Young, Sun InBev Ukraine and MTS Ukraina.
Within framework of the National CSR Contest 37 cases were collected among which 26 companies submitted their cases first time, e.g. 3M, Luxoptika, Terrasoft, Danone, Ingo Zhyttya and others. More than 80 CSR practices have been already prepared due to CSR Case Contest for two years which are now actively used among academic and business circles.
Oleksiy Kredisov, managing partner for Ernst & Young commented: «2009-2010 years will be remembered as continuation of economic downturn in the history of Ukrainian business. The fact that under such circumstances companies continue to work systematically on the project of corporate social responsibility is an evidence of long term and strategic interest towards this sphere».
The international jury consisted of CSR experts from 9 countries decided on the following winners:
- I place: company Microsoft (international company) for the program Onlyandia and Intercorporate University (Ukrainian initiative of 8 companies of Ukraine);
- II place: international company Astelit (mobile operator life:)) for case «Jump into life» and Ukrainian Prykarpatyaoblenergo for raising awareness of the children about electrosafety;
- III place: international company Mary Kay Ukraine for the assistance project for women and Ukrainian Luxoptika for practice “Healthy eyesight”
«The Contest is a good forum for corporate sector, where companies have had the opportunity to share successful CSR practices for two years. We also believe in this, and strive to demonstrate responsible leadership in every decision towards society in which we all live», – says Denis Khrenov, Director on legal and corporate affairs for Sun InBev Ukraine, Group of Companies Anheuser-Busch InBev.
Such honorable guests as Ambassador of Sweden to Ukraine Stefan Gullgren, Ambassador of Norway to Ukraine Mr. Olav Berstad, First secretary of the Embassy of Finland in Ukraine Christian Heikkenen, Deputy Head of the State Committee on Entrepreneurship Mr. I. Pristupa, Deputy Minister for Family, Youth and Sports S. Gluschenko, representatives of other embassies, commercial missions, business companies, non-governmental organizations and media took part in the awarding ceremony:
«Revealingly such best CSR practices as educational projects were awarded. We were first among those who started to work systematically with educational universities in Ukraine and it’s a pleasure that our example is followed by other companies. Among companies-winners we also can see trend towards development of partnership initiatives. Awarding of Intercorporate University proves this”, – says Victoria Ruban, head of PR-department for MTS Ukraina.
Winners of other nominations were:
- «protection of consumers’ rights» – Alfa bank with the client-oriented practice;
- «labour relations» – project 10% by Terrasoft company (international company) and DTEK Academy (Ukrainian company);
- «community support and development» – company Danone with practice of uniting, support and development of agricultural producers in Ukraine;
- «human rights» – barrier-free practice of the Group of companies Galnaftogaz;
- «environmental protection» – practice of the Odessa commercial sea port
«Such Contests are a sort of inspiration for companies which proves that corporate CSR practices towards society, communities and employees really matter. Opportunity to win becomes strong incentive for implementation of systematic and effective CSR programs, which increases company reputation – this is the case of the II National CSR Contest», – marks Maryna Saprykina, Head of the CSR Centre (Ukraine).
Besides the separate decorations were conferred to the following companies:
- CSR practices of small and medium business – company PLASKE;
- promoting of corporate volunteering - company GlaxoSmithKline;
- promoting Health and Safety Policy – Mykolaivcement, group of Lafarge;
- promoting of partnership – company Intel;
- best project with potential development – Lemma.
During event the awarding of the case students’ contest took place in the framework of the National CSR Case Contest. Students made their solutions to the cases regarding how to convince the top-management in the necessity of CSR integration and what is necessary to do for CSR Concept development in Ukraine. Nine students’ teams from the leading Ukrainian Universities defended their solutions in front of jury consisted of the representatives from such companies as: Ernst & Young, JTI, Kraft Foods Ukraina, ISD and CSR Centre (Ukraine). Team of 5 course of the Kyiv Hetman’ National Economic University (1 place), Kyiv Shevchenko National University (2 place) and Poltava University of economics and trade (3 place) became the winners.
At the event new publication “CSR Practices in Ukraine 2010” was presented with new cases from the II National CSR Case Contest. As well as in last year the publication is in high demand among academic, business and public sectors.
In case of additional questions please contact Svitlana Yakovleva: (044) 280 11 47, 093 554 21 10 or by email: email@example.com
General partner of the National CSR Case Contest – Ernst & Young, official partner - Sun InBev Ukraina, mobile partner – MTS Ukraina, aviacarrier – Austrian airlines.
Communication partner - ESGroup.
Media partners: UBR – general TV partner, Contracts – general media partner, Gvardiya – strategic media partner, DELO – exclusive media partner, Dzerkalo tyzhnya – official media partner, Business Class Magazine – business media partner, The Ukrainian Journal of Business Law – law media partner, Marketing Media Review – marketing media partner, HR manager – professional media partner, CSR Review – expert media partner, Liga.net – General internet partner, HR Liga – internet partner.